The Department of the Environment is looking for a new chairperson for one of its Statutory Advisory Councils which provide invaluable advice and guidance to the Department on environmental issues. The vacancy is in the Historic Buildings Council.
The appointments process will be regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland: http://www.publicappointmentsni.org
Further information on the posts, including an application pack, may be downloaded below, or alternatively obtained by contacting the Department of the Environment at:
Finance and Business Planning Division, Department of the Environment,
8th Floor, Goodwood House, 44 – 58 May Street, Town Parks, BELFAST, BT1 4NN
Telephone: 028 9025 6069 or 028 9025 6023
Textphone: 028 9054 0642
Historic Buildings Council
The Historic Monuments Council will consist of a Chairperson and around 14 members who span a wide range of experience and expertise in architecture and an active interest in the preservation and conservation of historic buildings and their settings.
The Council specifically advises the Department on:
- the listing of buildings of special architectural or historic interest;
- the designation of Conservation Areas;
- the general state of preservation of listed buildings;
- such other matters relating to the preservation of buildings of special architectural or historic interest as may be referred to it;
- such other functions as may be conferred on it by any statutory provision;
- applications for exemption of listed buildings from Capital Transfer Tax; and
- the issue of certificates that buildings are not intended to be listed.
Terms of appointment will be effective from 1 July 2013 – 29 February 2016 and the closing date for applications is 12:00 noon Thursday 28 March 2013.
HBC Background Information:
- HBC - Background Statement (PDF document)
- HBC – Chairperson – Role and Person Specification (PDF document)
- CPANI Information Leaflet (PDF document)
- Probity and Conflicts of Interest – Guidance for Candidates (PDF document)
- HBC – Guidance Notes for Candidates (PDF document)
Application Forms - Chairperson: