Tips and Support
Some known issues and solutions are explained below.
- ** NEW** Known problem when using Internet Explorer 8
- Error message when clicking PRINT CURRENT MAP
- Error message after using PRINT CURRENT MAP
- Error message when trying to access the Interactive Map Viewer
1. Known problem when using Internet Explorer 8
Internet Explorer 8 is a new release and if your computer is running this browser you may get an error message when trying to view data in the River Basin Planning Interactive Map viewer.
The workaround is to click the Compatibility View toolbar button which is located to the right of the address bar. This will display the website as viewed in Internet Explorer 7 and should correct any errors.
2. Error message when clicking 'Print Current map'
When using the Internet explorer browser you may get a message stating 'Printing requires a new window to open. Please ensure there is not a popup blocker for this site.'
This means your browser needs to allow popups from the NIEA website before you will be able to print from the webviewer.
- Click OK in the error message window and go to 'Tools' on the main menubar.
- Click on 'Pop-up Blocker' and select either 'Temporarily Allow Pop-ups' or 'Always allow Pop-ups from this site'.
On some systems it has been observed that a document appears to have been sent to the printer but it doesn’t print.
- The workaround is to first of all save the pdf document to your hard drive and then open the document outside the webviewer. It should then print ok.
4. Error message when trying to access the Interactive Map Viewer
Some users have reported difficulty accessing the interactive web viewer ie the error message “ Internet Explorer cannot open http://maps.ehsni.gov.uk/wmuviewer/. Operation aborted.”
This problem was observed on some laptop computers when the interactive web viewer was first released. We believe this may be related to local hardware or network specific problems. You may wish to investigate your local set-up but in general there are no problems accessing the web viewer.
- continue to use REFRESH and the Interactive Web Viewer should open eventually.